Three most common Mistakes
- Not eating at all. ( missing meals or snacks will slow down your metabolism. It will also cause your blood sugar to crash, which will start the carb-addiction-syndrome again).
- Not eating enough protein meals and snacks ( eat 5-6 protein servings each day).
- Inadvertently eating more carbs than you realize. Keep a log of ALL foods you eat every day.
Things To Remember:
- Always count TOTAL CARBS. Disregard the " Net Carb" listings ( the body counts all carbs.)
- You can use butter, oil, mayo, ranch dressing, blue cheese, & bacon for seasoning & cooking. DO NOT USE FAT FREE PRODUCTS. you may grill, broil, roast, bake, & fry. ( If you eat fried breaded foods, you must count the extra carbs from the flour breading.)
- Limit your Caffeine if it causes you to feel nervous in conjunction with the phentermine. Alcohol by itself is low in carbs, but may stimulate your appetite and be counterproductive.
- You may use artificial sweeteners such as Splenda, and Sweet & Low ( but be aware that they may trigger the carb-addiction-syndrome by tricking the brain into thinking they are a sugar.)
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
- Keep Carbs intake between 20 and 50 grams per day.
- Exercise at least 30 mins a day, 3-5 times per week. ( example: walking swimming dvd aerobics, yoga, Wi Fitness, kick boxing, martial arts, weight lifting, and dancing.)
- Constipation can be relieved by over the counter meds such as : Senokot S, Metamucil, Glycerin suppositories, and stool softners. Be sure to include a lot of fiber from green veggies in your diet.
- USE CAUTION WITH HIGH- CARBS STUFF: sweets, breads, pasta, rice, beans, peas, corn, potatoes, and fruit.